The latest version (6.3) had a few bugs in it, and since I have big plans for version 7.0 I decided that I should just release a quick bugfix version rather than wait until 7.0 is ready.
So I’ve done just that. Cthangband 6.4 has very little change from 6.3, but it fixes a few bugs that really needed to be fixed rather than being able to wait for the next full version.
Specifically, the changes are:
- The buildings in Kadath are now ruined rather than merely empty lots.
- Replaced paper texture used for character sheet and journal with one that makes the text more readable.
- Fixed bug where the known abilities of non-random artifacts weren’t showing in the journal.
- Fixed a handful of minor mistakes in the documentation.
- Fixed bug where Tarot Draw spell was drawing multiple cards.
- Fixed program hanging due to invalid quest target being unable to be placed when the Demon Spire is entered for the first time.
- Fixed bug where using ‘s’ to sell items would sometimes automatically sell a whole stack rather than letting you choose how many to sell.
- Fixed crash when pack overflows after taking off an item or splitting a stack of items.
- Fixed crash when recalling from wilderness outside a town into a dungeon.
As you can see from that list, there’s very little in the way of anything new – just the change to Kadath (and even that’s just a minor cosmetic change with no effect on gameplay). The main thing it does is fix the bugs that had been found in 6.2 and 6.3.
The new version can be found here.